Friday, June 18, 2010

#11 The Red Tree


I love picture books. I mean LOVE.
I was collecting my favourites long before Master C came along!

The Red Tree - Written & Illustrated by Shaun Tan, is in short, breathtaking.

A little dark, but I believe that can certainly be a very good thing for children to be allowed to access - most particularly with a resolution such as this...












Available online via Borders.

I highly recommend you read this, even if it's just to yourself.
Admittedly, my copy is up high where Master C can't reach it.
Only because I don't want to share...
What a selfish Mumma I am!

I haven't read all of Shaun Tan's books yet but have thoroughly enjoyed those that I have.
All have had the added bonus of being stunningly illustrated as well as thought provoking...

Do you/Did you have a favorite picture book?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment