Saturday, June 26, 2010

#14 Shel Silverstein

'Where the Sidewalk Ends' has always, & will always, be one of my most favourite books in the whole world.













The 2 books that my mother owned ' Where the Sidewalk Ends' & ' Falling Up'
had a photo in the cover of each that I'll admit, I did stare at a lot!


In my infinite less than 10 year old wisdom, I thought he had the loveliest, most kind eyes I had ever seen.
He was also on my 'if you could invite 3 people to dinner who would they be' list.
Unfortunately he passed away in 1999. I was absolutely devastated.
I had no idea how, but I had felt so sure I would meet him one day...

It's quite impossible to choose a favourite of his poems, but if I had to it would probably be this one, which I would LOVE to have on Master C's wall...

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child.
Listen to the don'ts.
Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts.
Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me...
Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."







Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment