Sunday, June 20, 2010

#12 Natural Beauty

About a year ago I was shopping with a friend of mine who was pregnant & we came across this beautiful monkey rattle. My son had already far outgrown rattles & therefore I admit that I perhaps helped to twist her rubber arm into buying it for her little bundle so that I could live vicariously through her...
Not that it stopped me from wondering whether it would be too weird to buy it just in case... you know, future babies?


The head wobbles from side to side & makes a little click clacking sound - unusual & very sweet.
The raw beauty of it took my breath away. No stain, no paints, no varnishes -the different coloured woods are simply different varieties of trees in their unaltered colours.
Just Pure.Natural.Beauty.
It even smells nice!
But I think my favourite thing of all about this little rattle, is that feel of it.
The smoothness, the 'warmth' of it... Words just can't describe.

Even now when I visit my friend (No I didn't buy myself one in the end... um, sad face?) I feel absolutely drawn to it. I turn it over and over in my hands & now & then, I give it a little shake...
I think this is one rattle you could never get too old for?!

Fast forward to a couple of months ago & in a local toy store I come across these little people...
The same natural beauty & blissfully, the same heavenly feel...
Quick find the packaging! Find a name! Who is creating these exquisitely sensory toy experiences???
The answer : SOOPSORI.
My new love.

















How adorable are these little guys?










Unlike the usual 'cutting cake' this little treat uses not velcro but cleverly concealed magnets. Nifty.


I want to hear this music in my house, don't you?













LOVING this little Dr's set! And since my Master C is apparently a Chef in the making...












This little Robot has elastic cords in his limbs allowing him to be positioned in many ways, & this ridiculously cute fishing set has a winding action reel as well as again having the concealed magnets.

I want them all...
These toys, in my humble opinion, are genuine family heirlooms in the making.
Sublime.
As if the deal needed any more sweetening, they are made from combinations of 20 different timbers, handcrafted at the last stage to take away any sharp edges & given a finishing touch of flaxseed oil. Nothing more.
Both the packaging - & in fact the toys themselves - are 100% recyclable.
AND a percentage of profit goes toward planting trees in third world countries.

What's not to love really?

Cx

3 comments:

  1. wow! i love that robot!!! so cool. have to get one...but where from??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I've yet to see the robot in any stores, but he may be on an online toy site? You're so right. SO cool.

    ReplyDelete