Wednesday, May 18, 2011

#41 Sushi Set Round Up

I love Sushi.

Not just because it's delicious but because it makes my life easier.
It's a perfect child-friendly guilt-free snack when you're out & about...
Master C is crazy about it, I'm happy that he enjoys something that is healthy so much, he can hold it easily in one hand AND that it's relatively mess free ( once children reach a certain age where it's no longer a requirement that every meal/snack results in epic head to toe coverage anyhow...).
All those elements combine nicely to make me one happy mumma!

About a year ago I saw a brilliant wooden sushi set in a local toy shop, I went back to buy it a little while later & unfortunately it was gone. I've been waiting to find it again ever since with no luck.

None of these are said set (although we do have the first one & it is good), but nice alternatives to consider all the same...

sparkle t sushi set via entropy

A real Sushi container holding six pieces of wooden sushi, three with material velcro attachments.

mellissa & doug sushi set via oliebollen

I've seen this wooden bento style sushi box for sale a few places, but it's available at oliebollen at $19.95 compared to $39.95 elsewhere. I know what the other half would say to that... "You'd be losing money not to right?!" hehe
This one has nigiri, oshi & maki & has shrimp, tuna, salmon roe & egg pieces.
There are pieces that have the 'velcro chop function', now popular in much play food.
It includes ginger, wasabi (yummo!), & a dish of shoyu (soy sauce).
In addition to that there is a cleaver, a pair of chopsticks & a menu!

 
large & small wooden sushi sets, both via topbuy

mother garden japan hokkaido sushi set via precious baby kids

This set has a point of difference in that it's set of ten separate wooden magnetic pieces. 
Nifty! Plus I think it looks pretty cool too.

All this sushi is making me hungry...

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment