Monday, June 27, 2011

#76 Emma Wiesenekker

I just found out what gpoy means.. I’m getting so hip. :/

How much do you love that photo. Too sweet for words? I would actually really love to see a whole series of Emma Wieseneker's illustrations in photos, I think it's a concept that works perfectly with her whimsical style.

I am a big fan of Emma's work & I think it would look wonderful in a nursery or children's bedroom, however one of the especially lovely things about these pieces is that while very cute & certainly captivating for a child's imagination, maturity would bring a new level of appreciation for the intricate detail & talent of the artist. They would transition perfectly from a childhood fascination to an art piece in your child's home, laced ever so delightfully with memories & sentimental value.

 
  
 
  emma wiesenekker

It was so hard trying to narrow down my selections for this post, I'll admit I did have some help from one very opinionated three year old.
Please visit the Emma Wiesenekker blog in order to truly appreciate these gorgeous illustrations in their intended larger sizes, unfortunately my indecisiveness meant images at a smaller size (to fit more in) & I'm afraid some detail is lost, so head over & have a look!

The birds are truly remarkable in intricacy, though I think my favourites remain the horses & the whale. The use of watercolour is just stunning.

You can also find Emma Wiesenekker Designs on facebook & there is apparently an etsy shop opening quite soon - excitement!
I have my fingers crossed for a picture book in the not so distant future too... can you imagine?!

Cx

1 comment:

  1. Her artwork is beautiful. Quite amazing, I am constantly checking out her new designs.

    ReplyDelete