Thursday, June 2, 2011

#52 Sew Liberated

For a while now I've been a follower of Meg McElwee's blog Sew Liberated, I check in every now & then to dream of having talent such as hers & resolve to buy one of her books & give it a go! I do need to stop waiting for my local fabric store to get in more copies & just order it via her website.
This is the pattern that took me to Sew Liberated in the beginning & made me an instant fan, the sweet pea pilot cap modeled by her very cute first-born Finn.
 
Since then I've fallen in love with the huck finn hat...
 
this oh so cute apron...
 
this very comfy looking mei tai baby carrier...
 
This embroidered placemat & these fabric number cards. Sweet much?
 
Those things & a billion others. Plus, I'm just in awe of her really. Once you've seen her blog you'll understand why!
Meg's original book of 20 sewing projects is called Sew Liberated & signed copies from her website cost $21.95. Now I'm no maths genius, but I'm fairly certain that means that you would be paying just over $1 per marvelous pattern?
The second book Growing Up Sew Liberated is due out on June 14th & costs a whole $1 more than the first... That's enough maths for me for one day though.

 

I want that teepee....

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment