Tuesday, June 14, 2011

#63 Wheelybugs

Wheelybugs rock my world.
Master C got his cow bug for Christmas when he was 9 months old & it remains one of his most played with toys. To say it's been bashed around a lot would be a huge understatement!

It's excellently sturdy & so easy to clean - simply wiping it down with a damp cloth makes it look brand new.
They are on four casters so they move any which way, meaning that it's a lot harder for children to get stuck against or between things as they seem to with so many other ride on's.
It's a great way for little ones to develop balance & gross motor skills while having a whole lot of fun!
There are 2 sizes, I definitely recommend the larger size as it will last them longer & when they are smaller they will still play with it by pulling themselves up on it to balance & pushing it along with their hands while crawling on their knees. The price difference between the sizes it quite minimal.
Unlike many other ride on's they are also pretty impossible to tip over, they are perfect for indoor use & the rounded edges mean that they are much less likely to cause damage if they bump into things (we are yet to have anything damaged at all).

The sixth design in the series, a pig, was released in May this year. I'm not sold on it at the moment, but perhaps it will grown on me?
I think the ladybug & bee are easily the best designs & although I didn't like it initially (there was a long debate when we were choosing our own!), the cow - as weird looking as it is, has certainly grown on me & I love it now. Maybe because it looks a bit weird?



 Wheely Bug Ride On - Pig

They are available in many shops & online stores, with interestingly varied price tags for some reason?
In Melbourne you can get a good deal at Tree Top Toy Shop (who will also post), in Canberra at Childsplay Toys & the best online price I have come across is via Happy Little Hippo.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. I totally love them too...my wee girl got a ladybug for her 1st birthday and was adamant for a long time that ladybugs were actually called wheelybugs.

    Hmmmm not sold on the pig design either. I think maybe its the eyes...they look like beady little eyes...a bit creepy methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's so cute! Very logical.
    Well if they can be called ladybirds as well as ladybugs, why not throw in a third & add wheelybugs to the list? ;)

    I think you could be right about the pig.
    Master C just walked into the room & saw that picture "A pig wheelybug?!" I said yes, what do you think? He thought for a second then scoffed "I don't think so!"

    Results are in! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh That is one cool pig! My son is mad on pigs, especially peppa and george but this could be the perfect christmas pressy. I have found wheely bugs in the UK but not the pig, any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete